A comprehensive and coordinated plan to reduce criminal gang activity in Florida.
Become informed about Gang Reduction Task Force efforts in your region.
Learn how to recognize gang activity and prevent gang involvement among youth.
Grand Jury Reports
Florida Gang Reduction Strategy
A multi-strategy plan that coordinates community-based prevention, intervention, rehabilitation, and reentry programs, services, and measures that are closely aligned with state and local law enforcement efforts.
Increase safety of citizens of Florida by empowering youth to reject criminal gang involvement and by substantially reducing gang-related crime and violence in Florida.
- Stop the growth of gangs
- Reduce the number of gangs and gang members
- Render gangs ineffectual
Three Pillars of the Florida Gang Reduction Strategy
The Strategy is based on a comprehensive approach that coordinates objectives around three broad courses of action necessary to address the complex aspects of the State’s gang problem.
- Prevention/Intervention Objectives target:
- At-Risk Youth
- Gang-Involved Youth
- Communities & Schools Where Gangs Are Present
- Law Enforcement Objectives target:
- Criminal Gangs
- Gang Members, And Associates Involved In Criminal Activities
- Rehabilitation/Reentry Objectives target:
- Incarcerated Gang Members
- Ex-Offenders Who Are Former Gang Members
Concept of Operation
Key to the successful operation of this Strategy is the continuous networking, cooperation, and coordination among federal, state, and local government, criminal justice, the faith-based community, the education community, prevention and intervention organizations, the business community, elected officials, and other community leaders