A comprehensive and coordinated plan to reduce criminal gang activity in Florida.
Become informed about Gang Reduction Task Force efforts in your region.
Learn how to recognize gang activity and prevent gang involvement among youth.
Regional Gang Reduction Task Forces
The Goals of each Regional Task Force are:
- Establish the structure and operating procedures of the Regional Task Force.
- Engage the participation of a wide representation across counties and across community components within the region.
- Work with the Coordinating Council to develop a simplified statewide system for the annual reporting of
- data on gangs and gang members, and
- prevention/intervention programs and services directed toward at-risk youth, particularly those at risk for gang involvement.
- Collaborate with the Coordinating Council to establish a methodology based on accountable criteria to measure the quality of success of strategies, practices, and programs directed to preventing and intervening in the recruitment of youth into gangs.
- Determine other regional goals as set forth by the Task Force.
The Regional Task Forces will not be statutory or official bodies of the state. Participation is completely voluntary. There will be no funding or material support from the state available to the Task Forces at the inception of this Strategy.