A comprehensive and coordinated plan to reduce criminal gang activity in Florida.
Become informed about Gang Reduction Task Force efforts in your region.
Learn how to recognize gang activity and prevent gang involvement among youth.
Regional Gang Reduction Task Forces
The Function of each Regional Task Force is to:
- Mobilize key stakeholders in the community to collaborate and cooperate in local strategy planning and implementation.
- Network and coordinate regular communication among its stakeholders.
- Share community resource information and assess best practices.
- Work to improve the collection and sharing of gang intelligence data among the law enforcement agencies within regions and around the state.
- Oversee the collection of data necessary to measure progress in the strategy.
- Act as a liaison between local community components and the Office of the Attorney General and the Coordinating Council on Criminal Gang Reduction Strategies in the exchange of information related to the Gang Reduction Strategy.
The Regional Task Forces will not be statutory or official bodies of the state. Participation is completely voluntary. There will be no funding or material support from the state available to the Task Forces at the inception of this Strategy.