A comprehensive and coordinated plan to reduce criminal gang activity in Florida.
Become informed about Gang Reduction Task Force efforts in your region.
Learn how to recognize gang activity and prevent gang involvement among youth.
Business Relations Committee
The committee will be headed by a community business leader. The committee’s charge is to engage the support and participation of the business community to collaborate with other community components, to secure needed resources, and to invest in effective business practices, all of which address the mission, goals, and objectives of the Regional Gang Reduction Strategy. Furthermore, this committee will research and support job training initiatives designed to help former gang members secure employment.
- The committee will focus on the following objectives at a minimum:
- Develop and implement safety and security concepts in the workplace and marketplace.
- Partner with community colleges, vocational and technical schools for job training skills.
- Provide apprenticeships and work shadow job training opportunities.
- Support community revitalization and redevelopment.
- Identify and designate financial resources to mitigate gang activities.
- Add additional objectives as the Regional Gang Reduction Strategy Task Force leadership deems appropriate to carryout Florida’s Gang Reduction Strategy within the region.