A comprehensive and coordinated plan to reduce criminal gang activity in Florida.
Become informed about Gang Reduction Task Force efforts in your region.
Learn how to recognize gang activity and prevent gang involvement among youth.
Gangs and gang violence are on the rise in Florida, as in many parts of the country. Gangs members participate in a variety of anti-social behaviors, including robbery, larceny, battery, sexual assault, damage to property, illegal drug trafficking, retail theft, murder, gang wars and other criminal activity. Solutions must be addressed with prevention, intervention, and rehabilitation measures along with enforcement of the laws, punishment, and incarceration.
Parents, educators, and communities as a whole, must band together to influence the problems known to lead to gang crime and violence. Together, through committed partnerships, we must expose the destructive reality of gang culture, shut off the pipeline that delivers kids to gangs, take steps to prevent gang formation, and break the cycle of gang violence. The first step is awareness.
- What Is a Gang?
- How Are Gangs Identified?
- Gang Types
- How Do Gangs Recruit Their Members?
- Common Gang Initiations
- Why Young People Join Gangs?
- How Old Are Gang Members?
- Major Factors That May Contribute To Youth Gang Involvement
- Warning Signs That Your Child May Be Involved with a Gang
- What Can Parents Do To Prevent Gang Involvement?
- What Are Some School-based Anti-Gang Strategies?
- What Are Some Community Anti-Gang Strategies?
- Common Myths About Gangs
- How Do I Report Gang Activity?